Female scientists, as the underrepresented gender in the SFB1316, can engage individual coaching to enable their career goals and support their scientific career. Possible coaching topics are time- and project management, self-presentation in academia, publishing successfully, leadership skills, career guidance and many more. A suitable coach will be selected together with the local gender equality coordinator of the RUB. If you are interested, please contact the gender board via
Offers from RUB
Workshops from “Career guidance & equal opportunities in DFG-funded joint research projects”
- Different workshops on various topics supported by the SFB1316 can be found here.
- Mentoring programme for female Juniorprofessors.
- Peer mentoring for female postdoctoral researchers.
- Mentoring³ from University Alliance Ruhr for female postdoctoral researchers.
Women Professors Forum
- Forum of female professors from all disciplines at RUB.
Family & work
- The RUB supports families on campus according to their individual needs. General information can be found here.
- The SFB 1316 has access to two “mobile children rooms” at RUB to enable mothers and fathers to bring their children to work if necessary. Here is general information about it. If you need further information, please contact the gender board via
Information from German Science Foundation (DFG)
- General information.
- General measures for gender equality (p.15-17) within an SFB.
- New gender measure is possible (17.11.2020): A financial reinforcement for the SFB speaker can beapplied for, if speaker is of underrepresented gender .
- “Research oriented standards on gender equality” from DFG (2020).